Creatures Of The Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Book, A Treat, And...?

2 posters

Go down

A Book, A Treat, And...? Empty A Book, A Treat, And...?

Post by Melody Lumiére Sun May 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Melody wandered The Library lazily. She had nothing to do today, and had decided to go to The Library for the peace it offered. It wasn't that the Angels' Hotel was noisy, for it was actually quite calming there. But when you've been there your whole life, and is always managing things there, it does get suffocating. At first, she wanted to go to the Forest, wanting to run for a bit, but decided against it at the last second, finding that the call of books were stronger and louder than the call to run.

She pulled out a random book and sat herself down on an over-sized and comfortable red armchair. She looked around and was surprised when someone sat on the chair opposite hers. Deciding to strike up conversation, she smiled and spoke.

"Hello," she began, testing the waters with this stranger. "Do you come here often?"
Melody Lumiére
Melody Lumiére
Angels Leader

Back to top Go down

A Book, A Treat, And...? Empty Re: A Book, A Treat, And...?

Post by Malina Faye Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Malina wasted no time in heading for the library, her father had told her it would be necessary and possibly help her control some of her powers better. She already had enough issues with the weather and was ready to try any method to make things easier on her. It was so bad that she couldn't be out in any kind of dramatic weather or she would unknowingly tap into her powers and make the situation much worse. She had almost caused a flood last time and that would be beneficial in destroying the other creatures, but she would need to be able to control the skill properly first.

She stood in front of the correct shelf and pulled a few books down about weather, hoping it would give her some insight into mother nature's cruel sense of humor. Just as she was getting into the book someone interrupted her concentration and she glanced up to see what they needed. From the looks of it they hadn't really needed anything and possibly only wanted to converse.

"Hello," she replied, not sure how to take such a friendly welcome from a complete stranger. "I actually don't, but I decided to try it out. What about yourself?" Malina asked politely, trying to decided whether the woman gave off a good vibe. "I'm Malina, by the way," she said as she offered her hand for the woman to shake. Apparently something inside her had decided to allow the woman at lest a little closer then most.

Last edited by Malina Faye on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malina Faye
Malina Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Lumiére Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Melody smiled when the beautiful woman offered her hand. She shook it and replied her name in return.

"I'm Melody." She then glanced down at the book Malina was holding curiously. "A book about the weather...? That' certainly different..." She trailed off with a raised brow before looking down at the book she pulled out. She blinked a couple of times and laughed at her own stupidity. She turned to Malina with a smile, "But I guess that's better than what I picked." She held up the book that clearly read; Fairy Tales for Little Princesses.

By no means did Melody have anything against Fairy Tales, she just wasn't expecting to have picked that book when she randomly grabbed one.
Melody Lumiére
Melody Lumiére
Angels Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Malina Faye Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 pm

"Yeah," Malina blushed lightly when she realized it probably looked pretty stupid of her to be reading books about weather. "I have an odd fascination with it and what causes it to change," she admitted sheepishly, not about to admit the real reason she was searching through the books. An it hadn't been a lie entirely, she needed to better understand those concepts if she wanted to be able to garner enough control.

Malina laughed, [color=orange]"Nothing wrong with a good Fairy Tale, they were some of my favorites stories as a child,"[/orange] Malina said with a soft smile before pushing thoughts of her past behind her. "So what are you doing in the library by yourself on a beautiful day like this?" she asked curiously, not many people who choose to spend the day in the library and yet she didn't seem bothered by the idea.
Malina Faye
Malina Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Lumiére Wed May 25, 2011 12:14 am

Melody decided to give the book a shot, opening it to the first story, which happened to be Beauty and The Beast. She turned to Malina with sheepish smile.

"I actually considered going to the forest for a stroll, but I am and probably always will be a bookworm at heart." She said. "There's something about the smell of books and the cozy feeling that I like..." She trailed off. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, she absently smoothed the skirt of her dress.

Malina seemed nice enough, and Melody wasn't exactly getting any bad vibes off of her, but one can never be too sure. She then turned to her book, unsure whether or not Malina wanted to make any conversation at all.
Melody Lumiére
Melody Lumiére
Angels Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Malina Faye Thu May 26, 2011 5:33 am

Malina's eyes looked over the book in Melody's hand and she immediately noticed what fairy tale it landed on, Beauty and the Beast. It was one of her favorite stories as a child. Her personal favorite had always been Anastasia though, there was just something about that story that always put a smile on her face, even now.

"I'm more an outdoor person myself. Malina admitted with a lopsided smile, "but I do like to bring a good book with me. I much prefer to read in the open air then in a library, I always feel confined when I'm inside for too long." She figured it had to do with her powers, they were dependent upon all the nature around her. So she felt cut off from them when she was inside for long periods of time.

She noticed that Malina went back to her book and wasn't sure if that was Melody's way of ending the conversation. She opened her mouth to say something, but hesitated. If Melody didn't want to talk anymore Malina didn't want to push her, but then she remembered that the older girl had initiated the conversation to begin with. "So what do you normally do Melody? I mean, for fun or work or anything really." she asked with a soft smile, the book all but forgotten on her lap as her thumb held her place.

Last edited by Malina Faye on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malina Faye
Malina Faye

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Lumiére Thu May 26, 2011 8:29 am

Melody turned to Malina with a smile when the other girl initiated the conversation. She carefully closed the book and moved so that the upper part of her body was facing Malina. She crossed her legs, casually placing the left over right, and made sure that the skirt of her dress didn't rise past her knees.

"I'm usually at home, cooking or playing with kids." She replied. It wasn't the whole truth, but she can't exactly go around telling people that she was the Leader of Angels, can she? "Shopping is on the list too - especially when it's with my best friend." She curiously turned to Malina, "What about you? What do you do?"

Melody felt undeniably light and warm as the prospect of making a new friend overpowered the prospect of the said friend being one of the enemies. She listened patiently to Malina's answer.

"And tell me something about yourself or your family, do you have any brothers or sisters?" She asked curiously. She always wanted a sibling - it didn't matter whether younger or older - she just wanted one. Someone she can talk to and tell her secrets to and confide in. Sure she had Cassidy - and she was thankful she had such a great friend in her - but she knew it would feel different if she had a sibling in all ways, especially blood.
Melody Lumiére
Melody Lumiére
Angels Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum