Creatures Of The Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encounters

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Encounters Empty Encounters

Post by Dyten Gryn Mon May 23, 2011 9:13 pm

Dyten had been lying in wait for almost twenty four hours, his sources that he was using determined the exact location of where Annalise.. the Vampire Leader ... would be. It was time to strike, it was time to take her down. He morphed into the fighting wolf, his regular wolf form being much too small to take on a Vampire. His senses picked up faint foot-falls on the forest floor, they were feather light but he knew they were coming. He had rolled in garlic, knowing that the stench would mask his werewolf scent... it also did wonders for his sinuses, he had caught a cold recently thanks to the cold weather he was experiencing.

They came into the small clearing, they seemed to pause and sniff the air before they pulled their noses up in disgust. The forest was known to have randomly placed garlic plants, they took his cover as one of those bushes and stood around. One body guard vanished into the shrubs, leaving the area and well out of ear shot. The other started to inspect the clearing, good ol' Annalise still standing in the middle with her eyes alert.

Dyten all but laughed out loud, he remained still... his breathing faint and in time with the wind blowing around him. He knew that his faint trails from weeks before were still there but because they were so old, she seemed to not care. His jaws were ready to tear the flesh of the woman before him, his muscles also tense and ready to pounce.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Encounters Empty Re: Encounters

Post by Annalise Roth Mon May 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Annalise walked into the forest, her followers surrounding her and scoping out the territory to check for any unsavory individuals. They were all trained well and she trusted in their abilities, at least to a certain extent. She kept a close eye on everything they were doing and opened her senses wider, hoping to catch anyone who thought they could hide from her.

The strong scent of garlic filled her nostrils and her nose wrinkled, it had such a strong repugnant odor, but she knew that someone could easily hide in it. She concentrated harder and a slight odor of wolf wafted around her, but it smelled old, by at least a few days. She frowned and wondered if they thought they could ambush her.

"Keep searching," she yelled as she picked up a slight shifting on the floor. The barest of noises as someone was obviously tensing up to attack. She just didn't want to notify the would be attacker that she knew they were out there. She wanted them to show their face, not run away like a coward.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Mon May 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Dyten stilled, his ears picking up a relatively close being before they drifted in the opposite direction. His eyes watched from his hiding spot, one more step and she'd be his... one more step in his direction... his plan was playing over and over in his head, go for the arms and rip them off first then go for the legs and then the head.... and to finish it off, rip out the heart and burn it. Sounded easier in his head though, the forest animals had silenced before a bird dared to sing his merry tune... Dyten refused to growl and scare the small feather ball away, at least he'd have a tune to dance to during the battle.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Mon May 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Annalise tensed up, ready to attack when whoever it was jumped out from their hiding spot. She was ready and would just let her battle instincts take over. She was assuming that whoever it was was a wolf, who else would be stupid enough to try and attack her. Especially since she wasn't alone.

She growled at her vamps, wishing they weren't so oblivious at times. It didn't seem as if any of them had noticed their was an intruder and that pissed her off more then that there was one. She would definitely give them a piece of her mind when they got back to headquarters.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 pm

Dyten leapt forward with a bound of engergy as the first vampire came into his sights, it was caught by surprise as he ripped off the head, the arms and then in the blink of an eye.. the legs. He pushed his head into the ribcage, ripping and biting at the bone until he got to the heart. The body was flailing and squirming about as his teeth came in contact with the heart. He ripped with all his might, a screaming metal sound escaped the body and it instantly stilled. He ran and dumped it a decent distance away, what a crap body guard!

He bolted back to the fight scene, the last remaining body guard was hissing and trying to catch him. Dyten laughed, which came out as a bark to everyone else in the clearing, but kept playing tag with the vampire as he ducked between trees and under logs.

"Haha! Can't catch me you blood-sucker..."
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Mon May 23, 2011 11:15 pm

Annalise hissed when one of her vamps were ripped to shreds and he was currently working on another one. She ran over quickly and pushed her vampire away, standing in front of the wolf angrily. Her hands laying casually at her side as she waited for him to move first.

"Protect each other, I don't need another dead!" She yelled without taking her eyes off of the wolf. "I'll handle this one, you guys make sure he didn't bring a friend." she growled angrily, pushing her hair out of her face.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Mon May 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Dyten licked his lips, the satisfactory clearly showing in his eyes. He watched her body language and it screamed at him to make the first move, he grinned wolfishly and wagged his tail, taking on his puppy attributes as his forehead creased.

He was excited, he leaned into a puppy pounce position, his rump in the air with his tail wagging. He barked playfully, frowning slightly when she didn't pick up the stick sitting at her feet. The other Vampire was looking for his friend's heart, which was looooong gone down near the stream... Vampires were funny with running water.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Mon May 23, 2011 11:40 pm

Annalise's brow arched when he took on a more playful position, reminding her more of a puppy then anything. She wondered if he thought that would distract her and she glanced down when she noticed his glance at the stick. She slipped the toe of her shoe under it and kicked it off behind him. "Go fetch, dog." she snarled. "I don't have time for your games you mangy mutt," she said softly, hoping to get a reaction out of him that would make him attack without thought.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 3:07 am

Dyten grinned his wolfish smile before bolting after the stick, bringing it back and placing it at her feet, repeating the puppy stance while wagging his tail. He yapped happily and jumped from side to side in anticipation, hoping she'd throw the stick again.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 3:16 am

Annalise groaned when he brought the stick back and placed it at her feet. She was half tempted just to kick him this time since he had gotten close to her and she didn't appreciate the games he was playing. This wolf was obviously trying to throw her off guard and it annoyed her that he thought she was stupid enough to fall into his trap.

"Go away," she growled. "Does it look like I'm in the mood of a game of fetch?! I obviously know of your intentions as you made them relatively clear when you attacked my vamp." Annalise rolled her eyes and took a threatening step forward, her foot snapping the twig in half. "This isn't a game pup, so why don't you run back home to mommy where you'll be safe."
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 3:27 am

Dyten made a whimpering noise as he looked at the stick, his tail dropped sadly and he collapsed on all fours... still looking at the broken stick. He looked up at her with sad puppy dog eyes, they seemed to scream WHY! NOT THE POOR STICK! WHAT DID IT EVER DO TO YOU?

He whimpered again and crawled forward to pick up the corner of the stick in his mouth, he brought it to his paws and began licking it as if it would get better again.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 3:34 am

Annalise watched him, completely confused now. He was acting, for all intents and purposes, that he was a puppy and that the stick would heal itself. She didn't know how to take this; on one hand he killed one of her men, but on the other he was acting like a completely different animal. Her eyes narrowed and she decided that she would humor him for the time being and just keep her guard up.

"Give me a stick." she barked, her hand outstretched for someone to drop a stick in her hand. She didn't bother saying thank you as they already returned to the circle. "Now, how about this... I will play your little game, but if you make one move to attack me or my men again. I will snap your neck, is that clear?" She asked, her eyes never leaving his as she waited for some indication that he understood.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 3:39 am

Dyten raised his head, hope reappearing in his eyes as she held a stick in her hand. He listened to her speak, his body completely rigid as she spoke.

He wagged his tail before getting up and dancing on the balls of his paws in anticipation, he was sick of work and he needed to figure out officially what the hell was going on in the area... a little fetch could at least help.

His ear and attention turned to the Vampire that had scoped out the area, he was just as pale as her.

"No other wolves, your highness, just him. I can't believe he got the better of Jasper. I'd be wary of him.." he said, confidently but not looking the royal highness in the eyes.

Bingo. Thought Dyten, bouncing up and down on the spot now.. leaping in the air as he waited for the stick to be thrown.

Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. Throw the stick. he mentally chanted, his heart rate speeding up as he hoped she'd throw it hard... he liked a challenge.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 3:53 am

Annalise nodded absentmindedly, "Maybe Jasper should have quicker on his feet," she replied coldly before softening her tone. She had a habit of taking out her frustrations on them when she was irritated and she knew they understood, but it made her feel bad at times. These men worked with her to make sure they got what they deserved. "Thank you Duke, I'm sure he didn't something had distracted him... just make sure you guys stay on your guard from now on. I don't need a bunch of dead men surrounding me."

She returned her full attention to the wolf in front of her and grinned mischievously. "If you want to play fetch we'll play it my way..." Annalise muttered and she got ready to throw the stick using her added strength. She threw it hard, clear across the forest and watched it sail, wondering if the puppy would be able to get it.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 3:58 am

With a blink of an eye, Dyten was off. His ears stayed in tune to the wind, listening to the whistling noises that the stick was making in the area. His paws covered ground, his body jumping and leaping over logs or ditches with ease while his mind focused on what was flying above him.

He adjusted his calculations and changed direction suddenly, he pushed his legs harder and sprinted up a tree, he pushed off the base and launched himself into the air... grabbing the stick in his mouth before preparing himself for the landing in the small opening in the trees.

He fell down, his feet landing on the ground with a thud as he took off back towards the female but royal vampire. He charged into the clearing, pulling to a late stop as he ran straight into a tree trunk. He moved like he was dizzy, walking oddly on his legs and dropped the stick at her legs... but it was a little off despite his double vision. He slumped on the ground, panting slightly but a wolfish grin spread over his features, his tongue lolling out as his tail wagged in satisfaction.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 4:13 am

Annalise was a little impressed with him, but she wasn't about to admit it. He moved very fast and not for the first time she wondered how old this 'pup' really was. She knew he wasn't really a pup, she had seen him fight after all and he was very capable. He was obviously well trained and she figured he was already well into his twenties, but then again she knew how looks could be deceiving. She was the perfect example of that after all. To most she looked like any other girl around 17-21, but she was 632 years of age already.

She watched him misjudge when to stop and run head first into the trunk of a tree and her first instinct was to go check up on him. Her stance shifted as she was getting ready to go there when she caught herself, her eyes hardening at her stupid mistake. She was already forgetting who he was and she knew that wasn't good. Annalise watched as he dropped the stick a few feet from her and she knew that he really had hurt himself, but didn't make any move to check on him. He looked to proud of himself for her to be bothered.

"Are you satisfied?" Annalise asked curiously, her head tilted slightly to the right as she wondered if he would now show her his human form.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 5:33 am

Dyten continued to wag his tail before picking up the stick in his mouth and gnawing on it, his eyes on the woman in front of him. He wanted to distract himself while the dizziness was there, he had the sudden urge to chew and he didn't think that munching on one of her last remaining body guards wasn't a very good idea.

His ears twitched in different directions, listening to the sounds of the forest that were back.. they seemed to decide that there was not going to be too much death that day.

He scratched behind his head with his back foot before his tongue lolled out of his mouth, panting happily.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 6:23 am

Annalise groaned, apparently that didn't mean that he would show his human form. "Why are you hiding?" She asked, her irritation starting to get the better of her again. She hated not knowing things and him hiding behind his wolf form was beginning to irk her.

"There's really no reason to continuing hiding your human form," Annalise rolled her eyes. "You're still alive so it's not as if I'm going to try killing you, I would have already done that if that was my intention." She noticed immediately that her men seemed to have relaxed and turned to glare at them quickly. "Did I tell you you could relax yet? We are on alert until we get back to HQ. You know the drill." It was times like these when she wished Alastair was about, he wouldn't have disregarded protocol.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 6:30 am

Dyten let the wolfish, playful grin spread across his lips as he picked up on her agitation. He barked one word that he knew she'd know, in every language no matter who or what they were.... vampires knew different languages.

"Protocol." he said, scratching the opposite ear this time with his back leg. He remained laying a few feet away from her, casually relaxing in the grass but he was still on alert. He looked at the henchman that seemed to stand more at attention, maybe he should take out the other one so the female wouldn't be so distracted. Some werewolves that the ability to change their scent, it was from an ancient line of werewolves though so it was rare.

He wondered when she'd recognize him, his old scent is what she obviously picked up from a false lead a few days ago.
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 8:14 am

"Fuck protocol," Annalise growled. "I'm sure protocol doesn't involve you acting like a puppy and playing fetch. So you obviously don't care too much. Considering that protocol also dictates that you don't play with me and just attack. Aren't I enemy number one?" she asked, irritated still that he was now acting as if he was supposed to act this way.

Annalise sighed, "If you're so keen on keeping with protocol," she replied sarcastically. "Then I won't ask you again because I don't have time to be doing this. We have places to be and things to do."

"You!" she pointed at a random man. "Go scout the area once more to make sure it's safe, take two men with you." She turned back to stare at the pup, her eyes narrowing slightly when she caught a hint of his natural smell. One that smelled distinctly like the earlier scent she picked up.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 8:17 am

Dyten sighed, he wasn't going to get much information out of the woman so he morphed into his human form as a laugh escaped his lips.

"Not one for protocal either, letting your men scout while you're with a wolf." he said, his voice deep but as smooth as honey.

"I don't really care much about anything, I'm on holiday. You just eased my boredom for a bit.." he said, picking up the stick he was just chewing on and chucked it over the treetops. He was twenty six years old, a werewolf since he was three... the years of constant running and fighting had done him some justice.

He covered his jewels with his hand casually, like he did it all the time.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't stare.."
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 am

Annalise shrugged indifferently. "I'm not exactly afraid of you, wolf. So I see no reason to keep my men all around me." she replied as she moved to lean against a nearby tree.

"Now would you care to explain to me when you placed a fake trail here? I'm already assuming you knew we were coming this way, but the question is how did you find out..." She scoffed slightly, as she had never had the opportunity to go on vacation, this battle involved her far more then she liked.

Her eyes trailed down his body as she took in his form, nodding to herself. He was an attractive man, too bad he was a wolf because one day she would have to kill him. It was just how things went. She glanced up at him when he covered himself and spoke. Her brow arched in amusement. "Maybe if you kept yourself more covered I wouldn't have the urge. I've seen better anyways," Annalise added with a mischievous grin.
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 9:03 am

"I know a lot of things, being on the move most of the time though. You hear things from rogues before you kill them, they plead for their petty lives when they know they've lost." he chuckled deeply, his eyes meeting her red ones.

"I just wanted to know who you were, introduce myself and then once I'd had some fun... leave you on your merry way. I have no qualms or problems with you, if anything I saw a flitter of worry when I crashed into the tree... sometimes I just can't guage the distance... I need to work on that..." he smirked, licking his lips.

"So what are you doing this far south of your underground, your royal highness?"
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Annalise Roth Tue May 24, 2011 9:33 am

Annalise keeps her eyes on his, "Well I'm not much for begging pup, it's not exactly my style." she said softly, tugging on a few strands of her hair. "An that wasn't worry, that was disappointment that you hadn't smashed your head in..." she replied casually, sarcasm lacing her words.

"An you really should, that would be a sad sight to witness in battle. The big bad wolf doesn't know how to control himself... that won't exactly look good for your alpha. I for one would be ashamed." Annalise said with a shrug, trying to ignore the fact that he could read her facial expression from earlier and made a mental note to remain neutral from here on out.

She rolled her eyes at what he called her. "I was taking in the sites, enjoying the amazing view. You know, what one usually does when they're in a forest." she replied flatly as she watched him. "An you, what are you here for? This place isn't exactly a tourist spot..."
Annalise Roth
Annalise Roth
Vampire Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Dyten Gryn Tue May 24, 2011 9:47 am

"I wouldn't expect a royal one to beg unless it was for a particular pair of shoes in the mall," he replied, his voice laced with sarcasm to match her own town.

"I'm my own Alpha, I have no pack as you can probably tell. I was actually just passing through the town a couple of miles back, I overheard from a few of your own personal peeps that you'd be moving around today... I tracked my sources down, they confirmed it and bada bing bada boom. Here we are.." he said, walking over to a tree and pulling a pair of denim shorts out from behind them. With his back to the woman, he pulled them on with ease.

"Now, we both know you're not seeing the forest with so many damn body guards.."
Dyten Gryn
Dyten Gryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum